Dorm rooms can be quite boring, but with a few plants, they can be turned into a relaxing oasis. There are plenty of plants that can be placed in a dorm room to give it a bit of life.
From easy-to-care-for plants to ones that need little attention, there is something for everyone. Here are the five best plants for a dorm room!
There are a few good reasons to add a plant to your dorm room. Here are three good reasons why you need a plant in your dorm:
Most people agree that plants provide a sense of peace and calm. One study found that having a plant in the college dorm room can boost moods and reduce stress levels. There are many reasons why it occurs.
First, plants are natural promoters of relaxation. They release oxygen and other gases that help to improve moods.
Secondly, plants help to promote positive mental health by providing a distraction from negative thoughts. Studies have found that people who spend more time surrounded by plants have lower rates of anxiety and depression.
And finally, plants are known to increase feelings of well-being by stimulating the senses of sight, smell, taste, touch and sound.
Dorms are typically small spaces with limited airflow. This can lead to allergies, asthma, and even respiratory illness. One way to combat these issues is by installing a plant in your dorm room.
Air filtration is an essential part of any healthy environment, and plants are excellent sources of oxygen and other vital nutrients. By adding a plant to your dorm room, you can help reduce the number of pollutants that reach your lungs.
There are many types of plants that make great additions to a dorm room, including snake plants, spider plants, and succulents. It’s essential to find one that fits the space and personality of your room.
People who live in dorms often complain about how difficult it is to get a good night’s sleep. Research shows that people who suffer from poor sleep habits are more likely to have problems with their mental health, grades, and productivity.
However, there are a few things you can do to make your dorm life a little easier and improve your sleep quality.
One of the easiest ways to improve sleep is by bringing a plant into your room. Not only will having a great plant in your room help you relax and de-stress, but it can also boost your energy levels and help you get a better night’s sleep.
Plus, plants are great for reducing stress levels, as said earlier and promoting feelings of tranquillity and relaxation.
Snake plants are some of the most popular plants in the world and for a good reason. They’re perfect for any room, but especially a dorm room. Here are a few of the benefits of having a snake plant in your dorm room:
- Snake plants are low-maintenance plants. Usually, snake plants can survive without a lot of sunlight or water, and they don’t require much care other than occasional trimming.
- Snake plants are effective air purifiers. A leaf trap dust and pollen particles, removing them from the air before they can harm your respiratory system.
- Snake plants are calming plants. Their long vines can wrap around you or hang down from the ceiling, providing comfort and privacy during study or late-night cramming sessions.
- Snake plants are beautiful plants that can add personality and glamour to any room.
For those who need a little more help getting their dorm room plants planted, spider plants might be the perfect option. These plants are easy to care for and have plenty of benefits, including low maintenance and a nice look to any room.
Spider plants can grow large, so they can be a good choice if you have a small dorm room. They also tend to be very colourful, making them an attractive addition to any décor. They’re known to have strong roots and grow fast, so you can expect them to fill up your space quickly.
In terms of nutrients, spider plants are considered to be low-maintenance plants. That means you don’t need to water them as often as other plants, and they don’t require fertilisers or pesticides.
Succulents are a great plant choice. They don’t require a lot of light, and they often grow quickly, making them an excellent option for dorm rooms. Here are some of the benefits of succulents:
- Succulents are easy to care for. All you need is water and occasional fertiliser.
- They have a low water requirement, making them perfect for dorms where there is limited irrigation or no irrigation at all.
- They can tolerate low light levels. This makes them perfect for dorm rooms with little natural light.
- Succulents can be kept in any room in the house or considered as a houseplant, not just in the living room or bedrooms.
Aloe Vera plant is a succulent plant indigenous to the Arabian Peninsula and Africa. It has been used as one of medicine for centuries and is now considered one of the best plants for dorm rooms.
There are many benefits to growing the Aloe Vera plant in your dorm room.
- First, Aloe Vera is a low-maintenance plant and doesn’t require much care other than watering it regularly.
- Second, it has numerous health benefits that can be enjoyed by a college student living in close quarters, such as reducing stress, boosting moods, and aiding digestion.
- Lastly, Aloe Vera is a beautiful addition to any room and can bring life to an otherwise dreary space!
When considering the best plants for a dorm room, one may want to consider the Peace Lily. This plant has many benefits that can make your living space more comfortable and relaxing.
One of the most notable benefits of Peace Lily is that it is thought to have calming effects on the mind and body. It has long been used as a decorative plant in homes and businesses, but its popularity as a dorm room plant may be partly due to its ability to reduce stress levels.
In addition, Peace Lilies are low-maintenance plants that require little water or care – perfect for a college student who has limited time and resources. If you’re looking for a plant that will add some tranquillity to your dorm room, choose a Peace Lily!
Plants for dorm rooms are a great way to add some life!
- Plants provide an excellent way to add life and ambience to a dorm room.
- They can be used to create a natural look or topper off of any other decor.
- Wide varieties of plants are easy to care for and will help increase airflow and humidity in the room.
- Plants can boost mood and feelings and removes stress from college student in their dorm room.
- One of the plants that are very effective in purifying the air is Snake Plants.
- Spider plants are a great addition to a dorm room due to their low maintenance and good-looking feature.
It is best to keep a low-maintenance plant in a dorm room, which requires little to no care. You can place these plants anywhere in the room that receives adequate sunlight and only needs to water them every few weeks.
A bright, indirect light source or full-spectrum fluorescent light is essential for the growth of air plants. Let them air dry after soaking for an hour or two every week. When choosing a pot or container for your Air Plant, ensure it is well ventilated.
LED lights are faster, more efficient, and more customer-friendly than fluorescent bright lights or incandescent lights for growing plants at home due to their low energy usage, low heat, and optimised colour.
With proper care, jade plants can live for a very, very long time, as jade plants are succulent houseplant that is fairly resilient. A jade plant is easy to care for indoors.